The Ing. Rodolfo Debenedetti Foundation, in collaboration with the Compagnia di San Paolo, the Piedmont Region and the Regional School Office (USR), carries out a research project on leisure time of children in primary school, with particular attention to two topics: the attitude toward reading and the use of electronic devices.
In particular, this research has the purpose of studying the interaction between electronic devices and other activities typical of the free time of children, and how the attitude toward reading, developed at an early age, can eventually influence the relationship with (and the intensity of use of) the new technologies of children in primary school. Moreover, the research will study how the participation in initiatives aimed at promoting reading at pre-school age, such as the project “Nati per Leggere Piemonte”, can influence the cognitive development of children.
The project involves an online survey to be filled in by the families of students from 2nd and 5th grade in a sample of primary schools of the Piedmont Region. Specifically, the survey will collect the following information:
- Socio-demographic information of the student (age, sex, school and attended class)
- Socio-demographic information of the family (age, sex, parents’ educational qualification)
- Attendance of nursery school and kindergarten
- Favorite activities of the child
- Usage of electronic devices (PC, tablet, TV, videogames, etc.)
- Attitude toward reading
- Attendance of the library
- Knowledge of the program “Nati per Leggere”
- Parent-child relationship
The researchers of the Ing. Rodolfo Debenedetti Foundation will process only anonymous data, without knowing the name and surname of students and families. The information collected by the survey will be used only with the purpose of carrying out this research project and will be processed in such a way not to allow to trace it back to the identity of the families and the children.
Please see our privacy statement among the attachments below.