The Integration of Migrants and its Effects on the Labour Market
Study for the European Parliament
Werner Eichhorst et al.
In a new study requested by the European Parliament’s Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, an international research team led by Werner Eichhorst (IZA Deputy Director of Labor Policy) analyzed the situation of immigrants in the EU member states. The research team also included: Corrado Giulietti (IZA), Martin Guzi (IZA), Michael J. Kendzia (IZA), Paola Monti (fRDB), Tommaso Frattini (Università degli Studi di Milano), Klaus Nowotny (WIFO), Peter Huber (WIFO) and Barbara Vandeweghe (IDEA Consult).
- Current patterns of immigration in the EU
- Immigrants and the labour markets
- The legal status of immigrants in the EU
- The integration of immigrants and their children
- The impact of immigration on the labour market and the welfare state
- Analysing EU and national policies and identifying best practices
- Policy recommendations