The XX European Conference of the Fondazione Rodolfo Debenedetti was held in Pavia on May 26th, 2018.
For the twenty year anniversary, the conference dealt with the key themes that have characterized our scientific work: Welfare State and Labour Markets.
The conference consisted of three lectures:
- Social Protection for Independent Workers in the Digital Age, by Tito Boeri (INPS President), Alan B. Krueger (Princeton University), Giulia Giupponi (Londons School of Economics) and Stephen Machin (London School of Economics and Director of the Centre for Economic Performance)
Discussant: Pamela Giustinelli (Università Bocconi)
- Wage insurance, partial unemployment insurance and short-time work in the XXI Century, by Pierre Cahuc (ENSAE, Ecole Polytechnique and Head of Economic Research, CREST)
Discussant: Michele Pellizzari (University of Geneva)
- Back to Work: Helping workers who lose their jobs as the result of economic change, by Stefano Scarpetta (Director, Employment Labour and Social Affairs, OECD)
Discussant: Marco Manacorda (Queen Mary University of London)
After the presentations Alessandro Barbera (La Stampa) chaired a final discussion panel:
- Maurizio Del Conte (President ANPAL and Bocconi University)
- Stefano Sacchi (President INAPP and L.U.I.S.S. Guido Carli, Rome)
- Pasquale Tridico (Università degli Studi di Roma Tre)
Available in Italian only